The Best Car Hire Airlie Beach Options
Do you need advice on Car Hire Airlie Beach to travel to all the amazing places to visit in the area? Luckily you won’t find yourself short on options, whether you’re after a car, a scooter, a 4 wheel drive for off-roading adventures or a van for the whole family, our car hire Airlie Beach guide here has got you covered. If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet you can see our Whitsunday Reflections Reviews Here
Car Hire Airlie Beach Locations
Depending on where you fly into you’ll have a number of options for car hire for Airlie Beach.
You’ll be able to choose from a number of car hire providers at Proserpine Airport (PPP). Well known brands like Hertz, Avis, Europcar and Budget can be organised for pick up from Proserpine Airport. Each has supplier counters within the terminal, however you are also able to book your rental car online in advance to help secure your preferred vehicle. Keep in mind in peak tourism season it’s best to book in early to not miss out.
- Child seats are available in rear facing, front facing and booster, all of which can be installed for you.
- Hertz have insurance coverage options including Super Cover, Maximum Cover and Accident Excess Reduction.
- Hertz requires renters to be aged 21 years and over.
Hertz Proserpine Airport opening hours are:
10:30am-3:00pm and 5:30pm-6pm Friday
8:30am-5:30pm Saturday and Sunday
- Avis supplies standard vehicles, SUV’s, commercial vehicles like utes and vans, mini buses for tour groups
- Avis offers Loss Damage Waiver and Excess options
- Avis Australia requires car renters to be aged 21 and up
Avis Proserpine Airport opening hours are:
10:30am-5:30pm Thursday and Friday.
- Europcar requires car renters to be aged 21 and up
- Europcar offers standard vehicles, SUV’s, 4WD, prestige vehicles, vans and trucks
- Europcar offers a basic, medium and premium level of insurance cover
Europcar Proserpine Airport opening hours are:
9:30am-5:30pm Thursday and Friday.
8:00am-5:30pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Budget offers Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) and excess options
- Budget car hire Proserpine Airport requires renters to be 21 years of age and older
- Budget offers standard vehicles, SUV’s 4WD, and full size vans (on request)
Budget Proserpine Airport opening hours are:
10:30am-5:30pm Thursday and Friday.
Airlie Beach has multiple car hire options, all situated on the main street which can be easily accessed by bus or cab from the airport or ferry.
- Located at 366 Shute Harbour Road, Block B Shop 5 Airlie Beach
- Avis Australia requires car renters aged 21 and up
Avis car hire Airlie Beach opening hours are:
- Located at 344 SHute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach
- Locally owned rental company
- Offers affordable Toyota Yaris car range as well as campervans by request
Airlie Car Rentals opening hours are:
- Located at 269 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach
- Offer a large variety of vehicles, from cars, scooters, SUV’s and 8 seater vans
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years for scooter and cars
We Do Scooters and Cars opening hours are:
8:30am-4:00pm Saturday and Sunday.
Car hire Airlie Beach suitability
Luckily you won’t need a four wheel drive to get you out to see the best the Whitsundays has to offer. While off-road vehicles may have an easier time getting to some locations (see Cedar Creek Falls), the majority of attractions can all be reached by normal 2 wheel drive vehicles.
Where to go With Your Hire Car
Cedar Creek Falls
Reachable only by car, this stunning waterfall is just a half hour drive from the centre of Airlie Beach. The best time to see Cedar Creek Falls is after a big rain where you’ll be able to see them in full flow. Bring your swimmers to relax in the natural pool at the base of the falls or follow one of the bush walks to the top of the falls for a stunning view.
A short 45 minute drive north of Airlie Beach, Bowen is one of the oldest established towns in Queensland. Famous for the delicious mangoes in the region, stop by the Big Mango for a mango sorbet and a picture with the huge icon. Also check out the amazing local independent cinema which opened in 1948 and has been run by the same family with all the original decor and style.
Tucked away a 45 minute drive from Airlie Beach is Hideaway Bay, a small but picturesque stretch of beach that is perfect for those seeking a quiet stretch of sand to relax on. Spot turtles, dugongs and dolphins from the beach and enjoy the white sands or even try your luck casting a fishing line out.
Another gem of a spot only reachable by a drive is Conway Beach. Away from the crowds of Airlie Beach, Conway Beach offers a more relaxed beach experience, with BBQ facilities and playground equipment by the waterfront, great for the whole family. Or stop by the local American themed diner for some shakes or an ice cream.
While booking your car hire Airlie Beach needs, make sure you’ve secured your Airlie Beach Luxury Accommodation for your Whitsunday getaway. All our self contained apartments have car parks just outside to make it easy to get straight from your door to your next exciting adventure in the Whitsundays.
For more information on our amazing Airlie Beach accommodation see our room availability below